Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camp


Time again (it sure goes by quick these days) for Geography Camp at Texas State. This will be my 6th year to attend, and I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China. A whole week with 3 of my top students, 30 other kids, and about 10 teachers/friends from across Texas.
This year is a sort of "Best of the Best" field trips we've done in the past - Bracken bat cave (my personal fav), Natural Bridge Caverns, religion tour of Austin - Hindu temple and a synagogue, among others - and a bunch of other places. We'll spend a few days in town, at the dorms, and a few days camping at University Camp in Wimberley, on the Blanco River.
I always enjoy visiting with my colleagues, and all the kids are wonderful - the best and brightest that Texas has to offer. Maybe this year our team can win the geography bee, but if the kid from Arlington Seguin is back, I won't be holding my breath. He was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment